Sunday, April 20, 2014

More spring fishing

ROA photo by Mac Arnold
Casting at the Flat Rock, Mich., fish ladder was
a great way to blow off steam on a Friday night.

By Mac Arnold
ROA Editor

As the time winds down to Michigan's spring gobbler opener, I seem to keep finding ways to get outdoors on the water in some capacity.

The latest excursion was Friday, April 18, along the Huron River in Flat Rock, Mich.

Mainly, it was a quick-hitter to scope out another potential spot to add to my repertoire.

In the 10 minutes I was there, I had no takers for my setup, which I tossed to the center of the ladder runoff and floated down with a bobber to keep the spawn bag above the crags and rocks below the surface. I noted that the other anglers were concentrating on putting their baits down under the rough waters. With the limited time I had before my planned Friday night spiritual meeting, I knew I didn't want to be dealing with a snag since I would be limited in how many casts I could make before departing.

Someone closer to the ladder in fact did catch what looked to be a small trout but he kicked it off.

I can definitely see this as a relaxing gig for later on this summer with my lady, with one of the top drawing points being there is a Dairy Queen less than a 100 yards away on the corner from the prime angling spots.

Now that's living.




No comments:

Post a Comment