Thursday, September 11, 2014

Frustration mounts

By Mac Arnold
ROA Editor

Guess I'll be happy to jump onto other game animals for awhile.

Geese seem indestructible. No, they are indestructible.

It is a rarity indeed when I drop one. A few more missed shots Wednesday, Sept. 10, again have frustrated me.

At least I set up on the right part of the property, unfortunately I'm not in the field they want to be in. This field is in between the golf course and the school field, which is where they do want to be. There are plenty of opportunities for passing shots -- like today for instance.

After lighting up their tail feathers Wednesday, it is time for a break until the last day of the early nuisance season, which is Monday, Sept. 15.

Goose comes back in briefly Sept. 20-22 and then the regular waterfowl season opens with ducks also coming in the fold Oct. 11. This should be good. Had quite a few ducks cruise past the pond.

One thing in my favor is I am a determined hunter and often don't stop until success is realized.

In the meanwhile, there will be a bass fishing gig in the canoe with my honey hopefully today (Sept. 11) depending on how the deluge from the last evening affected the water levels and clarity, which it definitely has I'm sure.

But it's something we've been waiting to do together for a long time so I'm sure we'll go anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment